For this assignment, I felt like I improved from the falling stop motion assignment. I had a better idea of the process and I am happy with what I shot. I worked alone on this shoot. Most of the props and set went as planned, except for the clay model. I could not afford clay because money is tight right now, but I made do with a model made of paper clips. I used tape and kneaded eraser to pose the character and keep it in place. I used a DSLR camera to shoot and Adobe Premiere to edit. I used the straight-ahead animation method, "playing back" (i.e. scrolling through the pictures) every shot to make sure it flowed. I used tape and assorted boxes and books to prop the camera up and keep it still, however, there were some shakes, especially near the end.
Stop Motion of Falling I created this clip using a string to suspend my character. I used an iPhone camera and put it together in Adobe Premiere. I edited out the string in Adobe Photoshop. I encountered quite a bit of challenges shooting this animation. This is the first stop motion animation I have ever done and I do not have a lot of prior experience animating. Timing was hard for me, but I did it to the best of my ability and tried to follow the odd rule. It was also hard keeping the motion consistent and believable for the falling because I had the clay man suspended on a string. Next time, I would like to have better time management and work on the timing of the animation itself to help myself figure out how to best shoot it.
Comments
Post a Comment